Wednesday, April 3, 2024

 4/4/24


Oh, my goodness, I don't even know where to begin today. So much can happen in a day. His Lordship went golfing, and the Mistress and I had a peaceful day. She did some chores around the house and rested, as she planned to take me out that evening. I hadn't been out in ages, so she made me go to the bathroom to clean myself. However, she must have forgotten that I never, under any circumstances, go near water. She gets forgetful at times, and so does that man of hers. 

We had quite a difference of opinion about this business of washing myself. She hands me the soap, expecting me to use it. Gee, I sure had news for her........No way mam. I was out that door before she had another go. 

Next, we negotiated going out, if I was washed only. So, thinking on my feet very quickly I had to agree or stay home. This is not part of a Gnomes task. Most of us live outside and play or dig in the dirt. Looking after the environment is our mission and this outing, we were going on was a Nerd Nite. She assured me that other Gnomes may be there and that I would have others for company. So, in that case, I headed to the bathroom and pretended to wash while she wasn't in there. Then very quickly reported that I was clean and smelling fresh.

The Mistress was worried that this place was right in the city and darkness is early now and not keen to be in this part of the city. 

Eventually, we headed off, after I was stuffed in bubble wrap. Now I am quite partial to this stuff as I enjoy popping the bubbles, and this fills in my time traveling.

What the ............ has happened here. There was an almighty noise as we spun around and the Mistress was trying to keep away from other cars, so drove up the Kerb on the corner, between the power pole and the building. First, I must say we are both ok. No injuries at all. Just her pride and confidence.

Two delightful girls came to check on us laughing and saying, "You should be a stunt woman driver" They admired her skills at navigating just where to go that would cause the least amount of damage. Surely this would please the insurance company she thought. 

It turns out a very nice young chap at a stop sign didn't see that we were coming over in the other lane. It was peak traffic, and all had come to a standstill except us. We merrily danced all around the place.  His poor car was undrivable too and his first accident, a young driver. The Mistress felt sorry for him and gave him a big hug.

The policeman made her count into a gadget, as he said she may have come from a champagne lunch!! 



Oh dear

We are ok and this is all that matters. The insurance has given the Mistress a free rental car, which she picked up today. No stripes on this one. 


3 comments:

  1. Things can happen... glad you are ok, that's only matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you and your trvelling companion are alright although probably a bit shaken.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this. Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete

20/5/24 Big News Flash   The Mistress is like a cat walking on hot bricks. The news is fantastic, and I must share it right away. Her hard c...