Saturday, June 1, 2024

 2/6/24

Well, jeepers, I have some news. These humans are always up to something. Some extra humans, his daughter, husband, and grandson, arrived for dinner last night; hence, I had no show of sitting here to write. Now, something happened here, which I am still trying to understand. The Mistress sorted drinks for everyone and sat down. His Lordship rose from the depths of his chair, got down on one of his sore knees, and asked The Mistress to marry him.


Will you be my wife and marry me?

Tears and laughter, pure expressions of love and joy, erupted, and hugs all around. I noted that there were no hugs for me, but it is not normally a gnome thing. I heard the Grandson announce what an engagement meant when the Mistress asked him. He explained it beautifully for me to understand. They thought I didn't see anything, but I had a prime view from my position on the shelf, seeing His Lordship on bended knee. 

My understanding is that the next event is a wedding. Well, I have news for them: I will be attending this event either by hook or by crook. I am not so sure His Lordship is happy with this, but I know her, and she will get her way. She usually does anyway.  Do not tell her this; she could leave me at home.

Today, she is compiling a concise list of people attending this event. There is chatter about where and when, and it sounds like it could be soon. Blimey, is she pregnant to have such a quick event?

But they are selling this house, so does she think she needs more on her plate here?  I reckon knowing her as I do, she will cope. She appears to be an organizer and gets the job done. I sit here frequently and watch the brain cogs churning in her quiet moments. 

Her phone has been red hot today, letting people know this astounding news. The screams in the background have made it attractive to sit here and try to take all this in. I may need a lie down soon just to process this knowledge I have gained in the past twenty-four hours. 

Jeepers, I hope they are not expecting me to propose to Trixie. Gnomes do not do engagements or weddings except to attend these two human events. The Mistress tells me it is only sometimes that a gnome gets to attend such an occasion 




1 comment:

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...