Saturday, July 13, 2024

 13/7/24

Today, the Grandson arrived to assist the Mistress with packing my Gnome friends. Corr, blimey, this was quite a significant job, and they had a great production line going on, which I supervised. This small bloke was a dab-hand at putting paper around my friends and passing it to The Mistress, who placed them into banana boxes.



I heard the odd moan from my friends about being so restricted in their box that they couldn't possibly move or escape. I can tell you, they are not amused or impressed at all. I kept losing count of how many boxes they filled, then stacked them in the corner of the garage, ready to go south next week. The final count, checked by Levi, was 18 boxes. The Mistress was delighted that this task didn't take long to complete.






I also saw my friends packing from the bathroom, window ledges, and floor. She says they cannot fit in the caravan and mainly take the small ones. Gosh, I need some to play with. I am assured there will be plenty. Can I believe her, though? She can be pretty mean at times, too.

This young fella is very partial to the Mistress's banana cake iced with chocolate icing. I have lost count of how many pieces he has, but who is counting? His grandad, well, he is quite partial to it, too. You need to see the size of the pieces he cut for himself. The Mistress announces, just as well, that there is more in the freezer.

I also need to report that His Lordship was jovial when he arrived this afternoon. He brought his darling a cup of tea and then plonked himself on her knee. I nearly dropped my book when I saw this strange event happen. The poor Grandson didn't know where to look or what to say. He was speechless. 

There is an awful smell brewing in the oven, and I am not enjoying it. I hear it is a leg of lamb. All I can say is poo. 

This grandson has just been informed that at 4 p.m., he has to come off his device and run outside five times to the letterbox and back and then five around the back. How stupid is this, I say. She says kids forget how to play outside, and she knows his parents try to get him to do other things, too. The run will do him good and use up energy.

I noticed she also got him to bring the cake mixer from the garage cupboard with help from Grandad. He managed independently without assistance but required his help to find it. I hear he will assist his Nana in making a special pudding. So, I will report later.

Chocolate Self Saucing pudding






Looks Yummy

This young chap enjoyed the whole experience of making the pudding for dinner tonight. As for eating this, he said, "It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good." Whatever this means!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...