Saturday, May 4, 2024

5/5/24

The Mistress was in a lot of pain today and moving very slowly. Her back is the problem, and she had to have extra sit-downs. Meds need to do the job, she says, but I saw her heating her wheat bag, which she only uses when it is awful. It is rather funny to see her doubled over while walking. Crickey, don't tell her this. I might have to start running.

Eventually, she sorted the house with His Lordship's help for the open home. As usual, all was looking great until the duster passed my nose. Why dust? It will all be back tomorrow!

Today, the fella was quite chirpy, introduced himself, and asked me where all the buyers were. Hey mate, that is your job. He was a nice chap, and we had quite a discussion about this buyer business. I politely said that we wanted to get on the road. He informed me that when people downsize, they do not realize how small these places are. 

I can hear the Mistress say, "Be patient."

After he left, we took off outside as we heard the birds enjoy some chunky bread these humans threw out. They dug right inside and made a cave. Clever little clogs they are. BUT The Mistress is not at all happy. She went out the front door to find a good chunk of garden on the path and lawn. All the plants she put in yesterday were all over the place. After sorting the garden, she shook pepper all around to make them sneeze. 

I have never seen a bird sneeze, so I must sit and wait for this one. This mission could get interesting. Why pepper? I asked her. It is a common deterrent.

Anyway, we honed around outside, and it was a nice day, so we caught up with our mates. That Policeman outside the gate wouldn't let us past. Who does he think he is? We wanted to go over to the common area. There is so much room to run around and climb the trees. There is even a garden there, and we could have hidden from each other, but that was not to be. He is so mean. I wonder if the Mistress pays him not to let us pass. 

I heard the Mistress talking to a lady we house-sat for in Paeroa. Gosh, that is a long way to go. Her cute, big, fluffy white cat, Milly, is no longer with them. I remember the Mistress giving her medicine every day, too. She and I had many chats on the floor, and the Mistress loved her. Just down their road, a lady gave the Mistress three Gnomes she didn't want, and they were part of a set she already had. The actual neighbors over the fence were great people, too. That lady took the Mistress to play croquet. 

I wonder what they decide regarding this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

20/5/24 Big News Flash   The Mistress is like a cat walking on hot bricks. The news is fantastic, and I must share it right away. Her hard c...