Sunday, May 26, 2024

 26/5/24

These humans have been in and out again today. They got the house ready for an open home, and then The Mistress left His Lordship to do the floors and sweep the leaves outside. But what is the point, I say, as the leaves were still falling and now just as bad?

When the Mistress returned, she took His Lordship out so the agent could come in. He and I engaged in a lively conversation about the state of this terribly slow market. Just as we were about to move, a lady appeared, and I assessed her as a potential buyer for this place. The humans reappeared before we could proceed. It's just as well I have a stack of books to read. 

Today, the Mistress encountered a fascinating individual, a prolific author with three books under her belt and more on the horizon. The Mistress was inundated with information and contacts, her mind buzzing with possibilities. It's a situation worth watching, as who knows what could come next. 

News just in! The humans are preparing to celebrate their first anniversary. The air is filled with anticipation, and I'm already signaling my mates about the fun we could have in their absence.

The love birds left, and we bounced down to the floor and got into the ping-pong balls. They went in all directions, and some were taking potshots at me. One ball got me on the nose. They ganged up on me. Moonshine stayed on the shelf and told jokes while we all biffed with each other.

Oops, we got caught

This week is the first anniversary for these love birds, and they went out and celebrated. They are happy together and get on so well. They can't wait to be together permanently. 

The humans that live in my house.

The Mistress has just told me off. She reckons this is her house, and I don't pay any bills. I am mostly here as these two are often out. They are not even here to check out the buyers, which they should be. The Mistress reminded me that she provided this house for us to live in, and when I find a job to contribute to the household, then I will have a say. She is so mean and bossy, I say.

We all got frightened a while ago because His Lordship's phone made a considerable noise, causing me to almost fall off my perch. The Mistress's phone didn't make this noise at all. So, what is this commotion about? It appears the emergency phone advises of a drill to allow people to learn this for when a real emergency happens.
The human world is so complicated and contains so much useless information that Gnomes do not need to know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...