Friday, April 26, 2024

26/4/24

 This morning, there was concern because the Mistress didn't wake up until very late. We waited and waited for her to rise. She was up several times at night, walking around and catching us out. She says our noise kept her awake, and we needed to be quiet for a while. At 3 a.m., she was grumpy, so we stayed out of her way and remained very quiet.

Eventually, she stopped coming out, allowing us to assume she had gone to sleep. So, she has to sleep late to make up for what she missed. His Lordship texted her at 9.30, which woke her up. She was still a bit grumpy when she came out. Why do humans do this? I checked out my books for answers and found nothing. Humans are so complicated to understand. Why? She and I discussed this business and reminded me that Mr. Grumpy Gnome lives in front of the house. She is asking me why he is grumpy. How would I know? 

She took me outside to discuss his features. It appears the girl gnome in the garden opposite him was getting on his nerves. He kept telling her to be quiet, but she didn't notice. Like most females, they have a mind of their own. She is the only female out the front, so my mates suggested we gang up on her and put her in her place. 

Now, Mr. Grumpy makes a habit of this mood. We shall devise a plan to put a smile on his face. Should we move him or the female gnome? I need some time to ponder this. 

There was a very mushy phone call tonight from His Lordship. Arh, these humans are missing each other. He told her he would play golf in the morning and come home in the afternoon, which pleased the Mistress no end. 

The Mistress did some baking this afternoon, hoping he would approve. The Grandson is coming over tomorrow to stay the night. I wonder where he will sleep, as the humans sold the bed in the spare room. He might enjoy this baking, too, and the Mistress has something else for him to make. The Mistress's kids love this stuff and feel he will, too. She may have to hide it from His Lordship, too. I also heard her say he might like to help cook dinner too. I am looking forward to watching this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

20/5/24 Big News Flash   The Mistress is like a cat walking on hot bricks. The news is fantastic, and I must share it right away. Her hard c...