Sunday, March 31, 2024

1/4/24

Luckily the Mistress had her phone off through the night. She had 12 texts from people who wanted one clothes horse and when she rose the phone was still beeping. She had been led on a merry dance this morning when these twits kept texting her and then they sent a picture of the letterbox they arrived at. It was her unit number, not street number. Eventually, they sent a photo of the for-sale sign. She suggested they drive in. What part of drive-in did they not understand. Many minutes later they walked in from the road. Then the bombshell statement. We pay you later in internet banking. No, she says, it must, be cash. So off they went to an ATM.

Oh heck, where are they? Lots more people wanted this, and she is hanging out for just $10. At long last, they turned up with the cash. It appears they had only been in NZ a, few months and limited English. Most of the stuff was sold, leaving a small amount and 67 texts she was done for the day. 

There was a panic here after dinner. The Mistress yelled, "Look a RAT". It was looking at her through the ranch slider window. It ran around the concrete and around the pool that my mates were in. Goodness me I hope it didn't go near my friends. I will investigate when the humans go to sleep tonight. Oh, I wonder what I will do if I see it. I shall have to come up with a plan. 

The Mistress phoned some neighbors to keep their doors and windows shut as these things climb walls. We don't want these dirty smelly things running around here. She is talking about getting some rat bait. His Lordship says that will do the trick. I heard her say, what about cats. Evidently, cats do not touch the bait, and the rats take the bait away to their nests, then eat and slowly die. That is a good thing. It appears His Lordship knows a lot about these horrible creatures as he comes from a farming background. He has just informed us these stinky fellas also live in trees, especially water rats. There are lots of trees over the fence and a good lot of blackboy peaches too. I also know there are apples over another fence too. I guess they will not go hungry. 

These small creatures usually have a lot of mates they hang out with....the Mistress is far from impressed at this knowledge. I bet she comes home with the bait tomorrow, and I shall report back what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20/5/24 Big News Flash   The Mistress is like a cat walking on hot bricks. The news is fantastic, and I must share it right away. Her hard c...