Friday, July 5, 2024

 5/7/24

Oh boy, I have some news for you all. That Mistress has done it again. She took me in the car to see his Lordship yesterday, and now we are home again, and I have not seen him yet. I was left in the car, and she forgot me. No amount of yelling was heard from deep in a bag with lots of padding around me. They were in and out of the car several times, too, and I could not make myself heard. Worse still, she completely forgot me, and it was His Lordship's birthday, too, and I missed it. There was a dinner with cake and candles last night, and the twins blew them out in my absence. I really wanted to attend this event, but she forgot. 

As if this wasn't enough, there was a 4-degree frost this morning and no heat pump in her car. I was rock solid when she eventually loaded the car and left Ashburton after stopping all over the place, still with no thought of me on the floor behind her seat.


Here I am in that blue bag.

She took me to a strange place that made lots of noise, and I could not figure it out. Finally, she told me when she took me inside to the heat pump and thawed out that it was the car wash. I forgot that she said the car was dirty and needed a clean.

Who do I complain to about being strongly neglected and left in the freezing cold car? It's no good telling His Lordship, as he is not here and is due back tomorrow afternoon. The Mistress must be "IN LOVE." I have been told that this is what happens, and because she is now in the high numbers for her age, this will be her excuse. Oh, it is tough being a mere Gnome living with these humans. The thought of complaining may get messy due to her ongoing threats of getting packed in a box and put into storage. There is no heat pump in that garage, either. I could well be permanently frozen.

This is a risk I have to take, but it is a biggie! Hum, I shall think on this for a while.

Tonight, there was a phone call about mushy stuff. She told him about my colossal dilemma. He also said poor Winkle.





1 comment:

  1. I have read the children's book. Winkle goes on holiday.
    This would make an ideal book to give a child who has not long learnt to read
    It would encourage them to think of other adventures Winkle could have. An inspiring read. Janet

    ReplyDelete

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...