Wednesday, July 10, 2024

11/7/24

The human's routine is quite predictable each morning, with the only variation being their choice of toast topping. As for His Lordship, well, let's not even go there. The Mistress, on the other hand, has a penchant for marmalade, banana, or raspberry jam. Observing their body language as they wake up is a delightful spectacle. And I can't help but chuckle at the thought of other people's habits as well. 

I can see that I will have to escape and observe the neighbors' behavior and body language in the mornings. Knowing me, I will probably get caught out, which could land me in heaps of trouble. 

There is always enough going on here in my own backyard, and too much information to gather would make my tasks very difficult. There is always something to report on these humans, and I must pace myself like the Mistress does daily.  

She had been out in the garage again with my mates and came inside growling. Some of the Gnomes she had wrapped had become undone with newspaper, and she wondered why, as they were not left the way she had found them. My lips are sealed. 

Eventually, she gave up and had to sit down for a big rest and a wheat bag for her poor back. She was even brought a cup of tea for her efforts.

A neighbor popped in for a chat and a laugh. She thinks our book is fantastic and enjoyed reading it. She especially liked the part where the red and blue lights roared up behind us, and the lovely policeman asked the Mistress what speed she should be doing? She said she didn't know as she hadn't driven on those roads before. What an answer. He enjoyed the comment and wrote out a ticket. I recall that it cost more than a couple of bottles of wine. Jeepers!

When we arrived home, another ticket was waiting for her. Gosh, she could start a collection, I reckon. But despite these setbacks, the Mistress remains undeterred. She knows we have to travel slower whenever we get the caravan, and she's ready to take on this challenge with determination!

Another thing she is organizing for tomorrow night is a village social. People are phoning or texting a booking and ready for the Club shuttle to pick them up. The shuttle will be full of people, which may surprise the driver. His Lordship is returning to Ashburton tomorrow for some peace, he says. The Mistress says he is a bit cheeky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...