Wednesday, May 22, 2024

hw

 22/5/24

On a chilly Wednesday, it was golf day for His Lordship. With everything meticulously organized, he set off. The weather, though sporadically clear, was biting cold. Meanwhile, the Mistress, in her element, declared it cheese roll making day. And there I was, yours truly, given the rare privilege to witness this culinary spectacle. I clambered onto the bench, and she ingeniously propped me up on containers and the toaster.

Washing her hands first, how stupid is this. Hygiene, she said. What's hygiene. Oh, heck, I am to look this up in my books. She is far too busy to explain. Grating the cheese is weird, but I was assured it would melt with the other ingredients. 


Observing the cook.

The Mistress informed me that her late mother made hundreds of these with her local Lions Club, raising money for community activities. 

It was interesting watching each process of making a cheese roll. I thought you would just push the roll, and it would be made, but no, it was pretty technical. 


Melting the cheese

Making the cheese roll

All rolled up

It was quite an exciting process, and I feel privileged to watch her in action instead of from my position on the shelf. Gee, she is pretty quick to take these away. Most went into the freezer. It is an easy meal for these retired humans. 
Her son recently requested the recipe for a mate, and he reckons they are very yummy. She tells me that he asked her to show him and his son how to make them years ago, and they were all gone in a flash as they had hollow legs. 
It appears the pillboxes were empty and needed filling, all 7 weeks supply. Quite a complicated process for this human. She seems to take a heap of pills. I hope they all know where they are to go.

His Lordship phoned twice tonight; argh, must be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...