Monday, June 17, 2024

nda

18/6/24

Overnight, we had a ball with the fruit again. The dish had a small amount, as it's payday today. We mixed them up with ping-pong balls, and everything was flying everywhere. That golfer climbed on the bench and gave a strong hit of anything he could find. He wasn't always a good shot, either, but occasionally, he had a successful hit into the wheelbarrow over the far side of the room. Even a Mandarin landed in front of the sleeping fella. He woke with a fright, and his choice of words would have horrified the Mistress. We had to tell him to be quiet as he could have woken the humans. Trixie pulled the bedroom door closed so they didn't hear us. Soon after, His Lordship got up and walked into the door, wondering why the door wasn't where he had left it.  I guess he thought the Mistress left it that way. Thankfully, when they got up today, no questions were asked. That really was a close call and too close for comfort.

The humans went out shopping today with a very long list. She has a vast cake tin on the bench to make a wedding cake. So, buying the dried fruit was a high priority. Crickey, she made more cheese rolls again. She reckons they could be handy when they shift. Are we shifting soon I asked, and the reply was I don't know? Hmm. I also checked out the bottle and had a sniff. It is almost as sour as that pickle she makes. It is not the stuff His Lordship drinks, either! We hope she puts this in the locked cupboard, as Moonshine could have a blast. I had never seen this label before and asked the name...Sherry, she announces. Really good in a fruit cake, she says. One mouthful and everyone will be pickled. I hope nobody is driving home after it. 

She perched me up high for a good view of this cake carryon. 



Poo, what a smell this sherry is

She nearly knocked me out with the smell of this stuff. His Lordship seemed to approve, and I do not eat this stuff.

I asked her when this wedding was, as I had forgotten. It was on 5 October. It's not far away, she says. So, do I get a new outfit, I wonder? She bounces back with a wait-and-see. 

What will His Lordship wear? The Mistress, too, but she is tight-lipped about this one. All will be revealed on the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...