Tuesday, June 11, 2024

12/6/24

A lot is going on here, and now there is a wedding to plan, which, of course, The Mistress has everything under control. Yesterday, these humans were in and out like Yoyos. An all-in-one ring has been purchased, and she is chuffed about this. She is not allowed to wear it until the wedding, although I have seen her look at the photos a few times. They also met the celebrant and were delighted with their choice. For some reason, he seems to know a fair bit about me. I hope they tell him that I am the star of this show. I want to be up close and participate to avoid missing anything. 

Argh, a photographer is coming; I hope they know that my poses for the camera are always perfect, as I have had plenty of practice. Gee, I hope this fella knows what he is taking on. She can be quite a handful at times. 

It's minus 4 today, and His Lordship had to clear his window screen before he set off on his golf day. I am so glad I live inside and get spoiled with the heat pump, but I do shiver through the night because they turn it off. Trixie tells me to think of our friends outside, which will warm me up knowing they are frozen. Thank goodness the sun is rising here, and I recall the Mistress saying that the moon was on his back when they came home, which means a frost overnight. She wasn't wrong on this. A wise woman, maybe!

On Monday, her aunt, uncle, and their family delivered a bunch of flowers to celebrate their engagement. The Mistress was chuffed when she opened the door. She thought they were from the lover boy, but nope, the card revealed who it was. It was a lovely gesture, she felt. 

More Mandarins were bought yesterday; you can guess what we did overnight. The golfer was pretty stroppy with his stick, and one went under their bed. He got tangled up in the duvet and couldn't escape. The humans stirred as he thought he had woken them, so he waited until they settled. His Lordship heaved the duvet up, so he must have got cold. With all this heaving, the golfer fell to the floor. He was a stunned mullet and needed to rest before returning to the living area. He reckons he saw the stars for a while, but what would he know about the stars. He always has golf on his brain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

22/7/24 News Flash Well, we have some exciting news to share with you all. We are temporarily taking a break as our house is sold.  We will ...